I’ve been a fruits lover since my childhood. I vividly remember the first time I tried Pineapple Raita in a restaurant and instantly fell in love with this great accompaniment. Pineapple Raita is available in a lot of restaurants and is a top choice for the patrons who want to balance the spicy taste of Indian curries. This raita is made sweet and it goes well with any of the Indian dishes, specifically biryani. Pineapple is a fruit which is available throughout the year, so this raita can be made anytime you want. This fruit blends well with dahi and lends a great taste. As is with any raita, it is important to bring dahi to a smooth consistency, so whisk your dahi well. It’s just as easy to make this raita at home with basic ingredients, so try out this Pineapple Raita Recipe. Enjoy!
All you need is (serves 4)
- Pineapple – 1 (small size)
- Pineapple juice – 1/4 cup
- Dahi – 500 gms
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Black salt – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Pineapple Raita Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 5 min.
- Peel and cut the pineapple into very small pieces. Keep aside.
- Whisk the dahi until it comes to a smooth consistency.
- Add pineapple juice, black salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add the pineapple pieces and mix evenly.
- Garnish with red chili powder and roasted cumin powder.
- Refrigerate for about 30-45 min.
- Serve fresh.