I wonder often what to cook specially at times when I’m running with a near empty fridge, well some dishes do come to a rescue in this situation. Pitod Ki Subzi is one such dish which can be relished not only by your family but guests too. This dish is made mostly with besan and can be made fairly quickly. It is different from gaate ki subzi but gives a great taste and an amazing look to your meals. This is exactly what I’ll show you today how to make. I’d some unexpected guests today and they could just not stop praising this wonderful preparation. Make it at your home today and get ready to be treated to a traditional Rajasthani dish. Here is Pitod Ki Subzi Ki Recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Besan – 1 cup
- Dahi – 4 tbsp + 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 6 tbsp + for frying
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Dry red chili – 2 to 3
- Green chili – 1
- Dhania powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
How to make Pitod Ki Subzi
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, 4 tbsp dahi, little salt and besan in a bowl and make a smooth paste using a little water.
- Add it to a pan, and cook for 3 to 4 min till it thickens.
- Grease a plate and spread the mixture to cool.
- Once cooled cut it in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the pieces till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan, fry onions and ginger garlic paste till light brown.
- Add 1 cup dahi and all dry masala and fry until water starts to leave the sides.
- Add 2 cup water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fried besan pieces and cook for 1 to 2 min.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.