Jodhpur, a town in western Rajasthan, can still boast of a lot of traditional culture. Whether it is the dress of the people, celebration of festivals or the food, these traditions have carried on since a long time. Today I picked up one such traditional recipe from this place called Rajasthani Kabuli. This rice dish is made by mixing some vegetables, dahi, dry fruits etc into a fairly rich preparation. Resembling a typical Indian vegetarian pulao, it tastes slightly different from other varieties and is great for a meal on its own. It looks absolutely tempting decorated in a rice plate and served with love. Here is Rajasthani Kabuli Recipe just for you, use it and enjoy with your family and friends for a Rajasthani meal.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Rice – 2 cup (use long grain or basmati)
- Desi ghee – 1/2 cup
- Potato – 1 (large) (cut in small pieces)
- Bread – 4 slices (cut in squares)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Peas – 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts – 5 to 6
- Almonds – 5 to 6
- Pistachios – 5 to 6
- Zeera – 1/2 tsp
- Dahi – 2 cup
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Rajasthani Kabuli Recipe
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 1 hr.
- Soak rice in water for about 3o min.
- Drain, add 4 cups of water and salt and cook until they are about 90% done.
- Heat desi ghee in a pan, and fry the potatoes till brown. Keep aside.
- In same ghee now fry bread till brown. Keep aside.
- In same ghee now fry the onions till brown. Keep aside.
- Now fry the cashew nuts, pistachios and almonds till light brown. Keep aside.
- Take curd and mix all dry masala and add it to the ghee and fry till the fat starts to leave the sides.
- Add all vegetables and dry fruits.
- In a large utensil layer 1/3 rice followed by 1/2 of vegetables, again 1/3 rice and 1/2 vegetable and finally top with remaining rice.
- Cover and cook for about 10 min.
- Serve hot.
357 total views, 3 views today