India is often called the land of spices and the spice topic has been covered many times in international media both in forms of articles and documentaries. The mixture of spices can do wonders to the appearance and taste of the dishes made. Rajasthani Laal Maas, gets its name from the red color which comes from the use of red chilies and red chili powder and as the name suggests this dish originated from the state of Rajasthan. The dish uses goat mutton as the main constituent and is only good for people accustomed to the Indian spices. The dish just looks amazing and very tempting and a nice quality of mutton does wonders to the taste, slightly out of your usual routine cooking. So get the recipe here for Rajasthani Laal Maas and enjoy your cooking.
Ingredients needed for Rajasthani Laal Maas
- Mutton – 500 gm
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 2 cups ( sliced )
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chili paste – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1\4 tsp
- Curd – 6 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander to garnish
How to make Rajasthani Laal Maas
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mutton and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili paste, kashmiri red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add the curd and keep stirring till is mixed properly.
- Add 2 cups of water and put the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, till the mutton is cooked well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with roti or rice.