I can have Rajma Chawal any day of the year. It has been my favorite for a long long time and I’m sure that just like me, many of you love this too. A combination of homemade rajma and white rice goes well the day its made, and tastes much better the next day! You can serve it for any of your daily meals with some dahi or achaar. Every home has their very own and unique rajma recipe and I’ll share here what has been a tradition in our family. The only preparation involved here is soaking the rajma overnight, for it to be ready for cooking. Once you have done that, it’s fairly easy to do the rest. Obviously, making white boiled rice is no work at all. So use this simple Rajma Chawal recipe to enjoy your daily meal.
Ingredients needed for Rajma Chawal
- Rajma – 2 cups (Soaked and boiled till soft)
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 cup (chopped)
- Rajma masala – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander – 2 tbsp
How to make Rajma Chawal
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add tomato and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rajma masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red-chili powder.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked rajma and a cup of water.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with rice.