Apollo chicken is one of the popular nonveg starters in India, especially in the Hyderabad district of Telangana. It is made in street style too and out of chicken. People of all age groups enjoy this dish, and it has all the flavours to cherish every bite of it. This dish can be made quickly as it requires readily available ingredients.
- 300 gm chicken breast
- Chilli powder
- One egg
- Cumin powder
- Chilli powder
- Corn flour
- Curry leaves
- Green chillies chopped
- Small onion chopped
- Chilli paste
- 250ml whisked curd
- Coriander powder
- Garam masala
- Coriander chopped
- Lemon squeeze
- Wash the chicken breast ideally in a bowl and cut the breast into long thin strips.
- Take the strips in a bowl and add ½ tsp of cumin powder, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, salt, turmeric, and egg. Mix well and add 2 tsp of maida and cornflour. Mix well.
- Now take a Kadai and heat oil. Once the oil is heated, fry the chicken strips until it turns crispy and changes their colour. So you need to deep fry the strips perfectly.
- Take a pan and heat 2 tsp oil. Add c4 green chillies chopped, and one small onion chopped, four garlic and two springs of curry. Mix well for 5 minutes.
- Once the onions start changing their colour, add 1/4th tsp of ginger garlic paste and chilli paste. Mix well until there is no more raw smell.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and 250gm whisked curd. Mix well to top formation.
- Add some garam masala, coriander powder, and salt as required. Mix well.
- Now add some turmeric and the fried chicken strips. Make sure the flavours are mixed well with the chicken strips.
- Add some coriander and squeeze a lemon. Toss the strips on high flame for 2-4 minutes.
- Cut the stove off and serve hot.
Apollo chicken is ready to serve!