Jajangmyeon or Jjajangmyeon is an easy-to-make healthy Korean bean noodle. You can easily make it at home, enjoy it, and satisfy your craving for Asian food. The following recipe is for the servings of two people, which can be prepared in just 20–30 minutes.
1.½ tbsp of Canola Oil
2.½ cup of carrots
3.½ cup of potatoes
4. 1-2 cloves of garlic or according to taste
5. ½ cup of zucchini
6.½ cup of chopped onion
7. Salt and black pepper to taste
10.4 tbsp of black bean paste called chunjang
11. White sugar
12. The Ja Jang Myun noodles
Essential steps to follow for the recipe:
- Heating the oil on medium heat
- Add the chopped vegetables like garlic, potato, and carrot.
- After some time, add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook the vegetables until they soften for about 5 to 7 minutes
- Now, add onions and zucchini and cook them with the other veggies.
- The next step will be to combine the cornstarch and water and set them aside.
- Make a mixture of the black bean paste, sugar, and water. Add these to the starch mixture and cook until it forms a thick sauce.
- Wait for the sauce to settle with veggies and cook for about 3-5 more.
- Take another pan and boil the noodle with a pinch of salt in it.
- Put the sauce with the boiled noodles, garnish it and serve!
The nutrition values of the dish: 315 calories; carbohydrates 55.6g; Protein 9.5g; fat 5.9g
The jajangmyeon is a trendy fusion dish of Korean-Chinese noodles. The term “Jjajang” in the Korean language translates to the “fried sauce”, whereas “Myeon” refers to noodles.
You can add your favourite type of meat to the dish; if you are vegetation, you can use mushrooms instead.
In South Korea, the jajangmyeon has now become a symbolic dish eaten by single people along with their friends on the 14th of April, known as the Black Day for commiserating each other over the black noodles for not having a romantic relationship.