The use of drumstick flowers is very beneficial to many problems related to stomach and digestion. When there is constipation, gastritis and ulcerative colitis, the extract of drumstick flowers and the vegetable or greens of its flowers should be consumed. The digestive system is also strengthened by consuming vegetables from its flowers. In addition, the abundant amount of vitamin B present in it works to remove stomach problems and strengthen the digestive system.
Consuming drumstick flowers increases your memory and concentration. They contain an element called glutamic acid, which is beneficial in preventing ammonia intoxication. Glutamic acid is also considered an active neurotransmitter compound that is beneficial in sharpening your concentration and memory.
You can make many delicious dishes from drumsticks, but did you know that you can also make vegetable curry from the beautiful white flowers of drumsticks?
Here’s a lip-smacking recipe for drumstick flower curry:
Time: After boiling, it takes nearly 10-15 minutes.
- 250 g drumstick flowers
- Two diced onions
- Two diced tomatoes
- One small bowl of peas
- 1/2 cup curd
- One spoon of cumin seeds
- 1/3 spoon turmeric powder
- One spoon of coriander powder
- One spoon of red chilli powder
- One spoon flour
- Salt to taste
1. A night before, Take half a bowl of water and boil it. Now add the drumstick flowers to it. Boil it on high flame to remove the bitterness of drumstick flowers. After boiling, wash it in cold, clean water and filter.
2. The next day, heat a pan and One big spoon of oil and add diced onions. Fry until golden brown, then add one bowl of peas. Stir well.
3. When the peas are cooked, just add the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes turn into a pure form. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Now add turmeric, coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder, and garam masala pinch.
5. Mix the ingredients well with the beautiful drumstick flower. Let it cook well.
6. Then add ½ cup of curd to the ingredients. When the spices start leaving the oil, quickly add the drumstick flowers. Make sure to crush them before adding.
7. Stir well and cook.
8. Now, take another bowl and add one spoon of raw flour.
9. Add four spoons of water to the flour and make a paste. Then add it to the drumstick curry.
10. Pour one or half glass of water into the curry and cover it with a lid.
11. Let the curry cook well.
Serve hot with chapati.