Being a holiday today, something had to be special and chaat has always been special for my family. We had made samosas few days back and everyone had enjoyed those to the fullest, today we went a bit further and made Samosa Chaat. As the name suggests Samosa Chaat is made with samosa’s crushed into a plate and then mixed with chickpeas, dahi, coriander and mint chutney, imli chutney or saunth and sprinkled with some salt, red chili powder, garam masala and chaat masala. Although it uses a fair amount of ingredients, most of these are often available in Indian homes. Once you have the ingredients ready, it’s fairly quick to make this chaat and serve fresh. This chaat is a perfect recipe in between meals and goes well with office goers and shoppers when they are back home. So get ready for the evening with some nice Samosa Chaat with this simple recipe. Enjoy your evening!
Ingredients needed for Samosa Chaat
- Samosa – 2
- Imli chutney – 1 tbsp
- Coriander and mint chutney – 2 tbsp
- Dahi – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Punjabi chole – 1 cup
- Bhujiya sev – 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
How to make Samosa Chaat
- Crush the samosa in the serving plates.
- Add punjabi chole, dahi, saunth, coriander and mint chutney in this order and mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with salt, garam masala, chaat masala and mix lightly.
- Add some more dahi and chutney and sprinkle red chili powder.
- Decorate with bhujiya sev and coriander leaves
- Serve fresh.