Seafood salads are well-known for their scrumptious flavours and seasonings. Prawns are one of the most popular seafood, and You can make countless dishes with prawns, both Continental and Indian. Prawn cocktail is a famous dish, most popular in Great Britain and the United States since the 1960s. The unique feature of this dish is that it is served in a cocktail glass.
Ingredients: (Serves 3 to 4)
- Medium-sized prawns- 400g (de-shelled and washed)
- Light mayonnaise- 100g
- Salt- to taste
- Black pepper- 1 tsp.
- Paprika powder- 1 ½ tsp.
- Tomato ketchup- 3 to 4 tbsp.
- Lemon- half, cut into slices
- Worcestershire sauce- 2 tsp.
- Lettuce leaves- for garnish
You will need four cocktail glasses.
- Take a large bowl and pour in enough water to boil the prawns.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the prawns and allow them to boil for 6 to 7 minutes.
- After the prawns are boiled, keep them aside and let them cool down.
- Take another large bowl and add the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce and mix it well using a large spoon.
- Now sprinkle a slice of lemon juice, salt, black pepper, paprika powder and mix it well again.
- Add the boiled prawns and mix them well in the sauce mixture, so all the prawns are coated well with the sauce. After mixing it well, please place it in the refrigerator for one and half hours.
- Meanwhile, take cocktail glasses and place a lettuce leaf on each glass.
- Please take out the prawn cocktail from the fridge and pour it on the cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and sprinkle over some paprika powder. And it is ready to serve.
*If you do not have a cocktail glass, you can serve it in any bowl or plate you like.*