Quinoa is a plant-based protein and not a grain. Quinoa is known for its numerous health benefits and it is full of nutrients that are important for our health. Quinoa is gluten-free so it is ideal for individuals who are gluten intolerant. Quinoa is enriched with magnesium, calcium, Vitamin- B and E, iron, potassium, phosphorus and it is also high in fiber. It is also ideal for controlling blood sugar and high cholesterol levels, and ideal for weight loss. The salad consists of vegetables such as bell peppers, corn, tomato, which are enriched with essential nutrients. The salad itself is a complete meal.
- Quinoa- 1 cup, boiled
- Red bell pepper- 1 cup, chopped
- Green bell pepper- 1 cup, chopped
- Yellow bell pepper- 1 cup, chopped
- Tomatoes- 1 whole, chopped (seedless)
- Carrots- half cup, grated
- Chickpeas- half cup, boiled
- Salt- to taste
For the dressing
- Lemon juice- 1 small
- Olive oil- 5 to 6 tbsp.
- Black pepper- 2 tbsp.
- Honey- 1 tbsp.
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 tbsp.
- Take a large bowl and add the quinoa along with the chickpeas in it. Add some salt and mix it well.
- Now combine the bell peppers, cucumber, tomato, and carrots. Add some black pepper and mix it well. After mixing it for approx. 2 minutes leave it aside.
- Now, let’s prepare the dressing. Take a small bowl to add in the olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Whisk them well together for a minute.
- Now in the dressing add the honey and some black pepper, whisk them again for a while until everything is well combined.
- Now add the dressing into the quinoa mix. Mix them all well. Make sure the dressing is spread through the entire salad. Add some salt if need.
- Next, add the lemon juice and some more black pepper powder, and combine them well again.
- After mixing all the ingredients well, refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes and it will be ready to serve.
*You can add shredded chicken, minced chicken, shrimps, eggs if you want to. Or you can also add any other choice of vegetables and prepare it with any other choice of dressing or sauce.