Winter is fast approaching and it’s wonderful to have family time together. One such great opportunity is a homemade tandoor. You can get a local smith to have something made which can contain some charcoal, with a cooking grill on the top. I recently had one made for ourselves and organized a small get-together with my close friends. There are many delicacies which you can make on this local tandoor or grill, and this time we talk about Tandoori Gobhi. I marinated the gobhi a few hours ago with basic ingredients. I also needed to prepare the coal fire, which takes a few minutes. The whole process of preparation and cooking is a great chit-chat time, so the next time you have a couple of hours at hand and want to enjoy together, use this Tandoori Gobhi Recipe to make it count.
Ingredients needed for Tandoori Gobhi
- Gobhi – 2 flowers
- Dahi – 1 cups (strained to remove water using a cotton cloth)
- Cream – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Lemon wedges – 1 lemon
- Oil for basting
How to make Tandoori Gobhi
- Mix hung curd, cream with garam masala, ginger-garlic paste and oil to make a marinating paste.
- Wash and break the gobhi into small flowerets and mix well in the marinating paste and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
- Get the tandoor ready, and when the coal is hot, place the flowerets on the grill and cook until done from all sides. Keep basting with oil regularly.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice and serve hot with some onion slices and chutney.