I was shopping for my grocery in a supermarket where they had a live cooking station and the shoppers were ordering food. They also had a pasta station and the aroma of the herbs and olive oil was filling the whole space and inviting all to try it out. Even I could hardly resist myself from having it. But I made my mind to make pasta for dinner with the same aroma in my home. Making pasta is easy and does not take much of time. I just picked some available vegetables from my fridge and made Vegetable Pasta in Creamy White Sauce. The herbs I used, namely, thyme, basil and oregano worked their magic with the aroma and the pasta tasted great. Try this out for dinner tonight and enjoy its aroma and taste.
Ingredients needed for Vegetable Pasta
- Penne Pasta – 2 cup (boil as per manufacturers instructions)
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Maida – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Thyme – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Basil leaves – 5/6
- Salt to taste
- Crushed pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves – 6/8 chopped
- Mix vegetable – 1 cup (Bell peppers, broccoli, corns, etc)
- Cheddar cheese – 1/4 cup (grated)
How to make Vegetable Pasta in Creamy White Sauce
- Heat butter in a pan and add maida and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and whisk so that no lumps are formed.
- Add thyme, oregano and basil leaves, salt and pepper. Keep the white sauce aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic cloves, mix vegetables, cook for a minute.
- Add the boiled pasta, white sauce and grated cheese.
- Cook for a minute. Serve hot.
169 total views, 1 views today