Hosting a party always puts me in a fix: what special to cook for the vegetarians? While non-vegetarians lose no chance to flaunt their thick-gravy dishes, vegetarians are more or less stuck with the usual deal. So I decided to do something special for vegetarians, and the result was Veg Keema Matar. As you can see in the picture, the result was scrumptious, and the vegetarians had a lot to cheer for.
I made Veg Keema Matar with soya granules, peas and paneer mixed together, with other typical ingredients. The dish goes well with any Indian bread and is perfect for small parties. So let’s see how to make it with this Veg Keema Matar Recipe.
Ingredients needed for Veg Keema Matar
- Soya granules – 1 cup
- Paneer – 1 cup (grated)
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 cup (grated)
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves (grated)
- Ginger – 1-inch piece (grated)
- Tomatoes – 1 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream – 3 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 1/2 cup (cut in halves and dry-roasted)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make Veg Keema Matar
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion. Fry till golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2-3 min.
- Add tomatoes and saute till oil starts to leave the sides.
- Add all dry masala and saute for 4-5 min.
- Add green peas and saute for 3-4 min.
- Add water, lemon juice, sugar, paneer and soya granules and boil for 2 min.
- Add cream and cook for about 1-2 min.
- Garnish with dry roasted cashew nuts, fresh coriander leaves and cream.
- Serve hot.