Soups are perfect for any weather, they can be made in vegetarian varieties like tomato, carrot, mushroom etc, while non-vegetarian varieties include chicken, mutton etc. Shorba is an Indian name for the soups and Yakhni Shorba is a mutton soup, very rich in proteins and is advised to people who are recovering from bone loss etc., and need high proteins in their diet. The soup has a simple and perfect taste and goes well before your meals. This soup originated from Kashmir and is mostly consumed in North India. I also used some saffron to decorate, however it’s purely optional. It’s also very simple to make, you can use this step-by-step Yakhni Shorba Recipe and enjoy it any day you like.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Zeera – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Kali mirch – 3 to 4
- Laung – 2 to 3
- Badi elaichi – 1
- Tez patta – 1
- Dal chini – 1 inch piece
- Saunf – 1 tsp
- Choti elaichi – 1 to 2
- Saunth powder – 1 tsp
- Dahi – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Mutton – 250 gms
- Saffron – a few stands (optional)
How to make Yakhni Shorba Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 40 min.
- Pack kali mirch, laung, badi elaichi, tez patta, dal chini and saunf in a cotton cloth.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan, add zeera and let it crackle.
- Add onions and fry for a min.
- Add the packed cotton cloth, mutton, salt, saunth powder and saffron (optional) with 4 cups water and pressure cook for 20 to 30 min.
- Whisk the dahi and add it to the preparation. Cook for 5 min.
- Serve hot Yakhni Shorba.
586 total views, 18 views today