Now this is called ultimate luxury; something which only a few luxury hotels in the world can manage to perfection!
An hour ago, I explained to our in-house chef that I needed an omelette to be made “this way” and plated “this way”. I’m lucky, because the omelette tastes exactly the way I thought it would. To make an omelette like this, (without any photoshop effect) out of commercial/industrial eggs is tough. There is a lot of passion and a small trick which goes into making a ”taste perfect, and picture perfect” omelette. Here is the recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 20 ml milk
- 20 grams melted yellow butter
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 medium potato boiled
- 10-12 stems of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 green chilli chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Break eggs in a bowl and whisk them vigorously, so that they end up light and frothy.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and continue whisking.
- Add milk and continue whisking.
- Add salt and pepper and continue whisking.
- Add melted butter and continue whisking.
- Lightly toss chopped bell peppers and chopped onions in a pan.
- Transfer tossed chopped bell peppers and onions to the egg bowl.
- Whisk for a few minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and whisk again.
- Add chopped green chilli and freshly chopped coriander and whisk again.
- Grease non-stick cooking pan (9-inches to 12-inches) with butter.Grease the sides as well as the centre of the pan.
- Transfer all contents of the bowl while whisking and spread them evenly, letting it take the shape of the pan.
- Let it cook on slow heat for a few minutes.
- Turn it over when firm.
- After a few minutes turn it again.
- Fold it.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Put a side of sliced tomatoes.
- Lightly fry boiled potato, once done add some salt and pepper on it and transfer it to the plate.
You are done. Enjoy!