If you want to travel from your country to another country, then getting a passport becomes essential. You can apply for a passport through online and offline modes. While both ways are equally prominent among the citizens of India, the online method of applying for a passport takes less time compared to the online mode.
A passport is a 36 or 60-page booklet containing complete information about the applicant’s name, address and identity.
The Ministry of External Affairs verifies all the applicant’s documents very closely, and then after that, the passport is issued. To go out of India, the applicant must have a visa, and it is necessary to have a passport with him.
To apply through online mode and to locate the nearest passport Centre, click on the following link: https://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/procFormSubOnl
You can apply for or track the application status of your passport by following these steps.
Here are some essential things to remember before filling up the passport form:
• Use capital letters instead of small letters and leave a blank box between writing your surname.
• Prefer using a black or blue pen instead of an ink pen or pencils.
• Don’t overwrite and try to write all the information within the provided several boxes.
Here are the details of the passport fee:
If you want to get a passport made online sitting at home, then you should know how much you may have to pay the fees. According to the Indian passport service, a fee must be paid at the concerned office.
• If the age of the applicant is less than 18 years, then they can apply for a new passport with 36 pages and an application fee of ₹1000.
• If made in Tatkal, ₹2000 may have to be paid.
• If the beneficiary applies for issuing a new passport of 36 pages, then ₹1500 and a tatkal fee of ₹2000 have to be paid.
• Payment fees can be done through online mode.
• The passport is considered valid for ten years.
Essential documents needed for a new Passport:
• Proof for date of birth and citizenship.
• A xerox of human resource certificate, or a genuine certificate from the school/college.
• Valid address proof
• Bank account statement and Voter identity card.
Updation and Re-issue of Passport:
If the validity period of your passport has expired, then you can quickly get it renewed. For this, first of all, you have to log in by visiting the online portal of Passport Seva and click on the link Apply for Fresh Passport / Renew of Passport. After this, click on the alternative option, after which a new page will be opened.
You can also fill out the form for passport renewal online. Click on the “fill out the application form online and submit all the necessary information” option. For payment, you have to select the option of Pay and Schedule Appointment. Then, you can book an appointment at the passport office according to the date and time.
Remember that it is necessary to carry a xerox copy of the appointment while going to the Passport Seva Kendra. By submitting the xerox appointment copy at the passport office, You’ll be allowed to enter inside. After this, you will have to get your photo clicked and the necessary documents there. Apart from this, they will ask you for your signature. The passport process gets completed when a police officer pays a visit to your house to verify everything and sign the documents.