The global pandemic “Coronavirus” is a contagious disease that has affected countless people; it has also caused thousands of deaths globally. Many people have faced difficulty finding beds in hospitals, find doctors, and some were not able to afford the treatment. Medical professionals advise patients with less severity to do their treatment at home. Whether the treatment happens at home or the covid wards, a proper diet is the key to stronger immunity to fight against the disease. Below is a simple yet effective drink or “kadha” recipe ideal for Covid patients and anyone with even minimal symptoms. It is also advisable to anyone without Covid or its symptoms as it is a great immunity booster. The ingredients are beneficial for our overall health.
- Turmeric: Rich in antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties and improves digestions.
- Ginger: Anti-Inflammatory properties, reduces cough, improves blood circulation, digestion, and relieves stress.
- Cloves: Improves digestion, helps maintain a healthy respiratory system, and gives relief from headache.
- Cinnamon: Known for its efficiency in treating viral infections
- Bay leaf: Helps relieving stress, treats sleeping problems, and also contains anti-inflammatory agents.
- Cardamoms: Help reduce joint pain and beneficial for indigestion
- Black pepper: Improves cold, better digestion, helpful in asthma.
- Honey: Contains anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, relieves cough and cold
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Cinnamon sticks – 2 pieces
- Turmeric – 1 inch
- Bay leaves – 2 leaves
- Cloves – 5-6 pieces
- Cardamoms – 2-3 pieces
- Black peppercorns – 5-6 pieces
- Honey (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 litre
(Should be taken in intervals, preferably three times a day)
- Take a saucepan and pour the water along with all the other ingredients except the honey.
- Boil it until the water becomes half in quantity.
- Next, serve it in a teacup and add 1 tbsp of honey, and the K“Kadha” is ready to drink. (Honey is optional)
NOTE: The tea, once boiled, becomes approximately 500 ml. It should be stored in a thermal flask and drank warm within 4-5 hours. It is a suggestion to drink it in intervals.