Hair loss is a common problem faced by everyone. While hair loss in men and women is common with age, this phenomenon is also linked to diseases, medical reactions, or genes. Several other reasons are cited to explain hair loss or hair thinning among the youngsters. It has been said time and again that erratic lifestyle and unhealthy food along with stress are some of the prime reasons for the recent trend of hair loss among people of all age groups. The market is flooded with variety of products for hair growth and hair loss prevention but there is nothing like following a healthy natural regime to prevent hair fall.
Hair Treatment at Home
Although warm hair oil massage on a regular basis is commonly advised to prevent hair loss, there are other lesser-known remedies that you can try:
- Gooseberry or amla hair treatment: For fast hair growth and prevention of hair loss, amla or Indian gooseberry is very effective. Amla is rich in vitamin C with anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Mix dried amla or amla powder with oil and massage your hair. Leave it overnight and wash with a herbal shampoo the next day. You can also add few drops of lemon to it. Having an amla or drinking amla juice is also helpful. Amla helps in replenishing the body and hair with vitamin C, the deficiency of which can cause hair loss. Check more benefits of Amla or Indian Gooseberry.
- Neem treatment: Another essential home remedy for preventing hair loss is using neem. Take fresh neem leaves and boil them in water. Now, strain the liquid and wash your hair with water, at least twice a week. It not only helps in preventing hair fall but also keeps lice and dandruff at bay because of its astringent property.
- Fenugreek treatment: Another time-tested hair treatment is using fenugreek seeds. Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds overnight. Make a paste of the seeds and apply it all over your hair and scalp. Leave the paste on your hair for some time and then wash it. Following this regime on a regular basis will give you beneficial results. Fenugreek seeds contain hormone antecedents, proteins and nicotinic acid that enhance hair growth.
- Onion juice treatment: Grate an onion or use a blender to extract the juice out of it. Depending on the length of your hair, you have to determine the number of onions required to grate. Now apply the juice all over your hair. The smell might not be pleasant but this remedy is very effective in the long run. Rinse off using a mild shampoo. The sulphur content in onion with its anti-bacterial properties prevent hair loss by destroying the growth of bacteria and fungi on the scalp.
- Aloe Vera juice: Regular application of aloe vera juice or gel on the scalp also helps in preventing hair loss as it contains enzymes that promote healthy hair growth. Check more benefits of Aloe Vera.
- Egg treatment: For healthy hair growth and prevention of hair loss, eggs are also beneficial. Include egg in your daily diet. Or else, make a hair pack using egg yolk. You can simply apply the egg yolk on your hair and leave it for some time. If you want, you can add curd or oil or lemon juice to it. The egg yolk pack provides the right quantity of protein to your hair, making your hair shiny, smooth and healthy and at the same time prevent hair loss. Using egg white will also recharge the hair follicles and gives the hair a shiny look.
- Potato juice: If you are suffering from hair thinning, applying potato juice is very effective. It helps in moisturising and deeply nourishing the hair. You can also rinse your hair with the water that was used for boiling potatoes. This also accelerates hair growth.
- Coconut milk and oil treatment: One of the most effective natural remedy to prevent hair loss is to apply coconut milk regularly. Take some coconut milk and mix few drops of oil and lemon juice to it. Massage your scalp with it. Wash off your hair after few minutes. Regular application provides the natural nourishments for your hair.
- Shikakai hair treatment: Also known as hair fruit, shikakai is found abundantly in India and has been in use as a hair treatment since ages. High in anti-oxidants and also in vitamins A, C, K and D, shikakai helps in hair growth and keeping your hair black. You can make use of shikakai shampoo or powder that are easily available in the cosmetics stores.
- Banana hair pack: Make a hair pack by mixing ripe banana pulp and curd. Apply the paste on your scalp. Rinse after few minutes. Banana hair pack is effective in repairing damaged and dry hair.