Zodiac is a celestial coordinate system. It lies on the celestial sphere marked by the sun’s apparent path during the year. The celestial coordinate is created by the position of the sun, the moon and the stars. The Zodiac belt is divided into twelve equal divisions, and each division is governed by a specific Zodiac element. The four elements that govern the Zodiac signs are Air, Fire, Water and Earth. The time, day and date of birth of a person determines which Zodiac he/she belongs to as per the sign governing the celestial sphere at that time.
The four elements that govern the Zodiac belt represent the kind of energy that resides in each of us. These energies pertain to the unique personality associated with specific Zodiac signs. They exhibit a profound influence on the characteristic traits of an individual. The four elements are as follows:
Water Sign: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces fall within this category. True to their sign, these people are as mysterious as the deep blue sea. They are emotional with a sensitive nature and also have a very good memory bank.
Air Sign: Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius are governed by this element. These people are very friendly and very adept in communication skills. Very intelligent, they are thinkers.
Fire Sign: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius belong to this category. True to their sign, they are energetic, dynamic, passionate and temperamental. These people are also very idealistic.
Earth Sign: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn are ruled by the element earth. These people remain grounded and are very practical and realistic. They are very fond of the lap of luxury and are known to maintain a rock hard support as a friend in the time of difficulties.
The Zodiac Signs
The Zodiac Belt is divided into twelve parts and these are the astrological signs. The twelve signs in the chronological order are Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. Each of these zodiacs is unique in its attributes and here is a comprehensive picture of the traits of each of them:
Aries: (The Ram) – March 21 to April 19
- The Positive Attributes: Creative, adaptive and insightful, the Aries are very spontaneous by nature. They are passionate with an excellent sense of humour. They make friends easily and remain devoted for life as a friend, lover and a family member. The Aries are party animals and know how to enjoy life.
- The Negative Attributes: The Aries are very temperamental and have a very short temper though they also cool down as fast. They are driven by ambition and sometimes try to over achieve. They also sometimes tend to show a selfish streak.
Taurus: (The Bull) – April 20 to May 20
- The Positive Attributes: Taurus people are all about strength, will power and tremendous stamina. They are extremely loving and are quick to appreciate. Their understanding nature and sympathetic attitude makes them very lovable. The Taurus are very big hearted and extremely generous people.
- The Negative Attributes: True to their sign the bull, the Taurus can end up being bull headed and stubborn. Once they make up their mind, they stand their ground and remain inflexible and sometimes may even seem irrational.
Gemini: (The Twins) – May 21 to June 20
- The Positive Attributes: The Gemini, like the twins that denote them, have a duality to their nature and can turn from hot to cold within the blink of an eye. They are very flexible and adaptable and maintain a steady balance. They are sensitive to a given situation and can handle things to make them take a turn for the better. They are very encouraging and inspire and motivate the people around.
- The Negative Attributes: The twins in them make it very difficult to predict which twin one will face each day: the hot or the cold. They are also prone to mood swings and will often go from the zenith of ecstasy to the nadir of depression.
Cancer: (The Crab) – June 21 to July 22
- The Positive Attributes: These are the most homely people that one can come across. They have traditional values and are more comfortable following the fundamental rules of life. They remain fascinated by heraldry, ancestry as they love history. Cancerians are loyal friends.
- The Negative Attributes: Cancerians are very good at hiding their moods. Thus it is difficult to gauge whether they are happy or sad. Every now and then they retreat into a shell for some own time and it is better to leave them there till they are ready to emerge.
Leo: (The Lion) – July 23 to August 22
- The Positive Attributes: The most warm-hearted and loving people, the Leos are also born leaders. They are very savvy and are adept in taking quick but positive decisions. The Leos, true to their sign of the lion, are very brave with a dynamic personality.
- The Negative Attributes: They can be a little high minded and very vocal about their feelings. The Leos also tend to be bossy. They can also be pompous and patronising.
Virgo: (The Virgin) – August 23 to September 22
- The Positive Attributes: The Virgos have a very keen mind and thus can be very interesting to have a conversation with. They are very curious by nature and thus have a world of information. Their personality is very analytical and they have the memory of an elephant.
- The Negative Attributes: The Virgos can become impatient and self serving when the need arises. They need a balance in their life and when that goes awry, the Virgos tend to lose their temper. Sometimes they come out as harsh and overcritical.
Libra: (The Scales) – September 23 to October 22
- The Positive Attributes: The Librans are all about balance, stability, equanimity and justice. Librans love harmony and beauty and are very understanding and caring. They are the rescuer of the underdogs. The Librans may be quiet and shy, but they also love to flirt.
- The Negative Attributes: Do not be deceived by the scales. Though the Librans love balance in life, most of the time is spent finding the balance and once they find it, they lose it again within no time. Librans are also gullible and easily influenced.
Scorpio: (The Scorpion) – October 23 to November 21
- The Positive Attributes: They are bold and determined people. They have a tremendous amount of confidence and are very focussed in life no matter what the obstacle is on their way. The Scorpions are magnetic people and attract a lot of friends as they are exciting to be with.
- The Negative Attributes: The Scorpions are very secretive people and can hold a grudge for a long time. They tend to be argumentative because of their obstinate nature. They are also extremely obsessive by nature.
Sagittarius: (The Centaur) – November 22 to December 21
- The Positive Attributes: The Sagittarians are philosophers by nature. They are extremely intense people, and if they manage to channelize their energy, they are very focussed in life. They take failures in their stride and try till they succeed. They are loyal friends and lovers.
- The Negative Attributes: The Sagittarians are very impatient and look for quick results. They do not like to be tied down and thus shun away from responsibilities. Unless they channelize their energy, they go wayward.
Capricorn: (The Goat) – December 22 to January 19
- The Positive Attributes: They are also very philosophical by nature. The Capricorns have a very high intelligence quotient. They are very methodical and have the patience to persevere. They are very supportive and take on others’ problems.
- The Negative Attributes: The Capricorns cannot take criticism and negative comments. They also tend to hide their own problems and thus go into bouts of depression for the lack of being able to share their problems. Sometimes they end up being pessimistic and fatalistic.
Aquarius: (The Water Bearer) – January 20 to February 18
- The Positive Attributes: Aquarians are simpletons and unassuming people. They are very proficient in achieving goals in a quiet manner, though in unorthodox ways. They are humanitarians and will fight for a cause from their heart. Aquarians make excellent friends as they remain loyal and honest.
- The Negative Attributes: The Aquarians have the tendency to be lazy. Sometimes they also appear to be unemotional and detached.
Pisces: (The Fish) – February 19 to March 20
- The Positive Attributes: The most unassuming of all the Zodiacs, the Pisces know how to keep a low profile while acquiring vast amounts of knowledge. They are a trustworthy lot, and their honest and selfless attitude wins them many friends. The Pisces are compassionate and kind people.
- The Negative Attributes: The Pisces tend to be over-cautious, and sometimes because of their weak will they can be taken advantage of and led astray. They are extremely idealistic with an escapist attitude.