The name of this e-Shram card is the Unique Identification Number Card, and the body that issued it is the Ministry of Labor and Employment. PM Narendra Modi initiated this initiative for unorganized sector employees and labourers. The main objective of this program is to benefit the country’s workers and labourers. The Ministry of Labor and Employment has compiled comprehensive data on unrecognized sector employees and labourers throughout India. This UAN card is valid for life.
e-Shram Portal was developed for all of the country’s labourers and employees. As the government will utilize this to create new plans for labourers and workers, this allows for the development of new policies and job possibilities for the jobless. If you register for labour or a job on this site, you will be given a UAN e-Shramik Card. You may only register on this platform through CSC Seva Kendra and apply for it for free.
The Union Ministry of Labor and Employment will issue a 12-digit unique (Universal Account Number UAN) number on the e-Shram Card to about 38 crore labourers so that all labourers can benefit at the same time. As you may be aware, each person in India has a unique Aadhar card number that serves as their identity card. Similarly, the e-Shram Card will grant you the identification of an Indian labourer.
Documents needed for the e-Shramik Portal:
If you want to apply on this portal, you must provide the following documents and information:
- Address proof
- Bank passbook
- Electricity bill
- Family details
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Birth certificate
- Educational Qualification
- Skill details
- Mobile Number [Linked to Aadhar Card]
Here are some of the benefits of the e-Shramik Card:
- After registering, you will receive a one-year premium wave.
- You may also track the workforce of migratory workers using this portal.
- You will also be provided with Bima Yojana insurance coverage through this portal.
- If you sign up for it, your chances of finding a job improve.
- You will also receive financial assistance through this portal.
- If someone dies because of an accident, victim’s family will be compensated 2 lakh rupees.
- More than Rs 1 lakh will be reimbursed in the case of a partial handicap.
- You will receive social security scheme benefits by enrolling on the E Sharam site.
Who can apply for e-Shram Portal Online?
- Newspaper vendors
- Rickshaw pullers
- Fisherman Saw Mill workers
- Animal husbandry workers
- Agricultural labourers
- Street Vendors
- ASHA Workers
- Milk Pouring Farmers
- Salt workers
- Auto drivers
- Tannery workers
- Building and Constructions workers
- Domestic workers
- Sharecroppers Brick Kiln workers
- Labelling and Packing
- Vegetable and fruit vendors
- Migrant Workers
- House Maids
- Carpenters Sericulture Workers
- Small and Marginal Farmers
How to log in to the e-Shram Portal Online? A Step-by-Step Guide:
- To use the e-Shramik portal, you must first visit the official website. The URL is register.eshram.gov.in.
- After that, on the main page, choose the ‘Self Registration’ option.
- The next page will appear when you make your selection.
- Following that, you must provide your phone number, which is linked with your Aadhar card.
- Then, you must enter the captcha code. After filing, you must choose the YES / NO option for Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC).
- Then press the ‘Send OTP’ button. You will now get an OTP. In the specified Section, enter the OTP.
- You will be asked to provide your Aadhar Card number, accept the terms and conditions, then click the Submit button.
- The application form will appear, and you must finish it. After that, all of the documents must be attached.
- After that, click submit and print a copy of the application form for future convenience. Now, it marks the completion of registration on the e-Shramik Portal.