Bihar is well connected with the rest of the country by its railways. The important places of Bihar
are linked by rail services regulated by Indian Railways. Important super fast trains like Rajdhani Express and Shatabdi Express facilitate communication to Bihar from the rest of India.
Some quick facts about the railways of important destinations of Bihar is given below:
- Railways for Patna: It is linked with Ranchi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Kolkata and Guwahati.
- Railways for Vaishali: The nearest railheads are situated at Hajipur and Muzaffarpur.
- Railways for Baidyanath Dham (Deoghar): Baidyanath Dham (Deoghar) is the closest railway station. It is a terminal station of a branch line originating from Jasidih Junction.
- Railways for Gaya: Gaya has a significant railway junction.
- Railways for Pawapuri: The nearest railway station is located at Patna at a distance of 90 kilometer.
- Railways for Nalanda: The nearest railhead is Bakhtiyarpur, which is at a distance of 38 km away from Nalanda. It lies on the Delhi-Howrah (Kolkata) main line. Many trains connect this railway station to several important places in India.
- Railways for Bodh Gaya: The nearest railway station is at Gaya at a distance of 12 kilometer. Trains from all important cities of India stop here. Buddha Parikrama, a new train introduced by Indian Railways, links all the places associated with Buddha and Buddhism.
- Railways for Rajgir: Rajgir has a railway station, which links it to Gaya. Many important trains from all parts of India, in turn, stop at Gaya. Therefore, for boarding trains to various parts of the country, one has to come to Gaya first and thereafter avail the trains from Gaya. Gaya is situated at a distance of 78 kilometer from Rajgir.