Hair-fall, dryness, dandruff, hair thinning, itchy scalp and countless other hair problems are raising concerns and extreme lows in the moods of almost everyone in today’s generation. Whether it’s men or women, teenagers or adults, everyone faces one or many issues with their hair. It is difficult to find the perfect ingredient/remedy or product which will solve all the problems making our lives easier. Fenugreek seeds are one of the most popularly used ingredients for all those concerned with their hair problems. Fenugreek seeds, also known as methi seeds, are a type of herb enriched with nutrients such as protein and iron. Protein and iron are both essential for our hair.
Fenugreek seeds help in:
- Reduces dandruff
- Prevents hair loss
- Enhances hair growth
- Treats itchy scalp
- Prevents premature greys
- Shiny and bouncy hair
- It gives you frizz-free hair
- Treats dry scalp and hair, making the hair smooth
Some remedies to treat hair problems
- Reduces dandruff
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of methi seeds and put in on the blender. Now add four tablespoons of yoghurt with the methi seeds (One can change the amount of methi seeds and yoghurt according to the amount of hair). Blend them well together to make a smooth paste, and apply the paste to your scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, wash it off with a mild shampoo. Use this remedy once a week for the best results.
- Prevents Hair fall, Enhances Hair growth, Smooth and Frizz-free hair:
- Take three tablespoons of methi seeds and boil them with 500ml of coconut hair oil. When the oil is completely boiled, the methi seeds will turn into a brown colour. Take the oil off from the flame. When it cools down enough to dip in fingers, it is ready to use. Apply it like you usually apply hair oil. Make sure to leave it on your hair for at least 2 hours, or you can leave it overnight. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. Do this 3-4 times a week for fast and effective results.
Prevents premature greys:
- Take three tablespoons of methi seeds along with 12-15 curry leaves.
- Add them both to the grinder and make a smooth paste out of it by adding enough water, so the paste is thick enough to sit on your scalp.
- After preparing the paste, apply the paste evenly on your scalp and the roots of your hair.
- Leave it on for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process once a week for the best results.
These are a few basic and simple remedies that can help reduce different hair problems. However, this may not work for everyone due to various skin conditions and how it reacts to your skin.