Having oily skin is troublesome all year round, but with summer heat and humidity, the skin condition deteriorates even more. While dry and ordinary skin types can catch a break from hormonal acne, oily skin leads to bacteria growing on the face and acne problems all year long.
Thankfully these woes have been heard, and here are some fantastic ways to get the best and clear skin at home!
1. Drinking lots and lots of water: Hydration is key to healthy and glowing skin. During summers, the importance of drinking enough water to sustain your body and all its functions is even more critical. When you drink good amounts of water, it leads to the brain signalling oil-producing glands that no extra oil is required to keep the body hydrated, leading to less sebum production. The best way to make yourself drink more water is by adding pieces of cucumbers, mint leaves, lemons or any other citrus fruits to the water bottle. This delicious and detoxifying drink will be a boon to your skin as well as your body.
2. Be gentle with your skin: Using gentle exfoliators instead of gritty ones is always a better move. Harsh scrubbing can harm your skin’s natural balance and lead to more oil production. Always pat and never rub your face with a towel. Hard action can lead to breakouts and skin inflammation. Always use your hands and work in soothing circles upwards while using your skincare products or even with makeup.
3. Face masks to save the day: Using a clay-based or mud mask can help extract all the excess oil and sebum along with the dirt accumulated throughout the day with oily skin. It resets your skin’s oil balance and helps bring out the glow and remove tan as well. Charcoal is a must-have ingredient for oily skin people and can heal almost all oil-related problems and followed by a light moisturizer.
4. Aloe Vera to the rescue: Aloe Vera is an excellent ingredient for all skin types; it lightly moisturizes skin while not making it feel heavy or unnecessarily clogging pores. Use Aloe Vera straight from the leaf, putting it on the face and leaving it all night as a mask will do wonders for oily skin, giving glow and hydration.
Aloe Vera has great anti-inflammatory action and will soothe greasy skin.
5. Honey- the golden ingredient: Honey is a great humectant that can help the skin absorb moisture and remain hydrated for long periods. It leads to lesser oil and sebum production, creating a barrier of moisture to heal the skin.
Always remember to use water-based products instead of oil-based products. Using less makeup and keeping skin light is the way to go. Genetically oily skin can be hard to treat or help, but anyone can achieve the perfect skin this summer with proper dietary habits and smart skincare.