Running away from that clichéd bridal look? Shun the red obsession and choose to infuse fresh colours in your wedding attire. Picked up right from the bridal runway collections are these gorgeously fresh hues that will make you a bride to remember!
1. Gold Everything that glitters, has to be gold! At least that is what the trends bespeak. Choose an entirely golden outfit if royalty is your style streak. The best thing about gold is that you really don’t need to worry about your complexion. A beautiful golden lehenga will make any bride look like the imperial princess. To balance out the bling, go for rose cut diamond jewellery with green stones. This will limit the gold element in your look. Complete the look by wearing red roses in your bun. Designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee is the ultimate choice when it comes to the exquisite golden lehengas.
2. Peach Marriages are no less than dreams waiting to be realized. Therefore, nothing can be more apt than wearing a dreamlike colour on your big day. A light peach lehenga embellished with exquisite zardosi work is what will work for that angelic look straight from the heaven. This look happens to be the best choice for a day or a destination wedding. Accentuate your features by opting for a smokey eye makeup while keeping the lips neutral. Choose polkis for the jewels. Brides with darker skin tones can go for warmer peach hues. Watch out for Tarun Tahiliani’s Bridal collection for pastel magic.
3. Navy Blue If you think blue is too odd a colour to be included in the bridal, you have probably not looked upon Manish Malhotra’s epic bridal collection. This might be the quirkiest addition in the list but it is also one of the most royal innovation for a bridal look. Fabrics like Raw Silk and Velvette are the best options for a bridal couture. You can add more colours by pairing the Blue Lehenga Choli with a heavily embellished Light Pink Dupatta. A choker in white diamonds will look stunningly beautiful with this bridal look.
4. Salmon/Tangerine It’s not the usual orange and it’s not any close to red! Salmon is peculiarly different and that is exactly what makes it one of the most wanted colours this season. The vibrancy that this colour radiates brings a flush of happiness all around. A salmon or a tangerine colored lehenga with a huge flare, when worn with Gold jewellery can make you look outstandingly pretty! The versatility of the colour is such that it accentuates the Indian complexion. To give more dimension to your look, go for a blue smokey eye with an illuminating skin base. When it comes to Salmon, Manish Malhotra has the best picks!
5. Mint Green If you are bold enough to make a difference, this is the colour for you! Mint green has become the designer’s choice for wedding gowns and lehengas. Graceful and elegant, this unique colour is the popular choice for day time or beach weddings. A mint green zari lehenga will look breathtakingly beautiful when worn with pearl and diamond jewellery. If you are a gold lover, choose pale gold over the yellow one. Add a tinge of light pink in the dupatta for a more vivacious look. Check out Anita Dongre’s special Mint Green collection for brides. Take a pick from these eternally beautiful colors and look like a riveting princess on your big day!