With the impending Republic Day Parade to be held at the Capital on Thursday, 26 January, 2017, the Delhi Traffic Police has issued traffic advisory today for the ease and convenience of the daily commuters in Delhi. Elaborate traffic arrangements have been made to ensure uninterrupted movement of the Republic Day parade and to regulate city traffic.
The Republic Day parade will start from Vijay Chowk and proceed toward Red Fort following the route of: Vijay Chowk- Rajpath – India Gate – Tilak Marg – Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg – Netaji Subhash Marg – Red Fort.
Following is a guide to the routes that are restricted and the alternate routes that the commuters can use so that they do not get stuck in traffic.
Restricted/ Prohibited Zones:
- Vehicular traffic in and around India Gate will have to take alternate route as this entire area falls under the prohibited zone until Thursday afternoon.
- Movement of vehicles have been banned from Vijay Chowk to India Gate on Rajpath from 3 pm on Wednesday until the parade gets over on Republic Day.
- Cross traffic will not be allowed on Rajpath at Rafi Marg, Janpath and Man Singh Road from 11 pm on Wednesday until the end of parade.
- The entire C-Hexagon of India Gate will be out of bounds from 2am on Thursday till the parade crosses the Tilak Marg at approximately 11.30 am.
- Motorists will not be allowed on Tilak Marg from 10 am till the parade crosses the area.
- Traffic will be permitted at the ITO intersection, the Delhi Gate and beyond according to the progress of the parade.
Motorists need to stay away from the following areas till the Republic Day Parade is over:
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Pandara Road
- Motilal Nehru Marg
- Sher Shah Road
- Purana Qila Road
- Copernicus Marg
- Kasturba Gandhi Marg
- Ashoka Road
Till the time the parade is in progress only vehicles with ‘Control and Duty’ labels will be permitted to ply in the prohibited zones.
Labelled vehicles of invitees and bona-fide residents of the restricted area shall be permitted to enter these areas tomorrow from 6 AM till conclusion of the Parade at about 12.30 PM.
No TSR and Taxi will be allowed to enter or ply in this restricted area after 6.00 AM tomorrow. Visitors coming by auto/taxi will have to use ‘Park & Ride’ facility to reach the venue.
- Ring Road – Ashram Chowk – Sarai Kale Khan – I.P. Flyover – Rajghat – Ring Road.
- From Aurobindo Chowk- Safdarjung Road – Kamal Atatturk Marg – Kautilya Marg – Sardar Patel Marg -Mother Teresa Crescent – roundabout RML – Baba Kharak Sing Marg.
- Prithvi Raj Road -Rajesh Pilot Marg – Subramania Bharti Marg- Mathura Road.
- Ring Road-Bhairon Road- Mathura Road – Subramania Bharti Marg – Rajesh Pilot Marg – Prithvi RajRoad- Safdarjung Road- Kamal Atatturk Marg- Panchsheel Marg- Simon BolivarMarg- Vande Matram Marg.
- Ring Road-BhaironRoad- Mathura Road – Lodhi Road – Aurbindo Marg- Safdarjung Road – Teen MurtiMarg -Mother Teresa Crescent- Park Street – Shankar Road – Ring Road.
- Ring Road- BoulevardMarg- Barf Khana Chowk – Rani Jhansi Road- Faiz Road – D.B. Gupta Road.
Route for New Delhi Railway Station:
From South Delhi
- Mother Teresa Crescent -R/A RML Hospital-Baba Kharak Singh Marg-Outer Circus Connaught Place-Chelmsford Road for Paharganj side.
- Minto Road-Bhavbhuti Marg for Ajmeri Gate.
From East Delhi
- Boulevard Road via ISBT Bridge – Rani Jhansi Road via Jhandewalan -D.B. Gupta Road-Sheela Cinema Road- Paharganj.
Route for Old Delhi Railway Station:
From South Delhi
- Ring Road – Ashram Chowk-Sarai Kale Khan-Ring Road-Rajghat-Ring Road-ChowkYamuna Bazar- S.P. Mukherjee Marg-Chhatta Rail-Kauria Bridge.
There are no restrictions for residents of North Delhi heading towards New or Old Delhi Railways Stations. However it would be better to plan in advance and leave with sufficient time on hand keeping the traffic scenario in mind.
City Bus Services will be curtailed at the following Terminal points:
1. Park Street/Udyan Marg
2. Aram Bagh Road (Pahar Ganj)
3. R/A Kamla Market.
4. Delhi Sachivalaya (IG Stadium)
5. Pragati Maiden (Bhairon Road)
6. Hanuman Mandir, Yamuna Bazar
7. Mori Gate
8. ISBT Sarai Kale Khan
9. ISBT Kashmiri gate
- Buses from Ghaziabad bound for Shivaji Stadium shall take NH-24, Ring Road &terminate at Bhairon Raod.
- Buses coming from Ghaziabad side will be diverted at Mohan Nagar towards Bhopra Chungi for Wazirabad Bridge.
- Buses coming from NH-24 shall take right turn on Road No. 56 and terminate at ISBT Anand Vihar.
- All buses coming from Dhaula Kuan side shall terminate at Dhaula Kuan.
Metro will remain open on Republic Day and available to the commuters. Entry and Exit will remain closed at the following stations till 12.30pm, 26.01.2017:
- Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan Metro stations will remain closed from 0000 Hrs on 26.01.2017.
- Patel Chowk and Race Course Metro stations will remain closed from 0845 Hrs.
- Central Secretariat station will only be used for interchange of passengers between Line 2 and Line 6.
Air Traffic Restrictions
No commercial flights to land or take-off from the IGI Airport between 1035-1215 Hrs as per directions from the Airports Authority of India.