Somehow any kind of snack in the shape of flat patties and balls seems very inviting. Today let’s see another of these dishes made with boiled sweet-corn and cheese. I made Corn and Cheese Balls for an evening snack and it went pretty well with some tea and an amazing weather. Nowadays we get corn either fresh from the market, which can be plucked and boiled, or frozen corn in packets easily available in the supermarket. These are ready to use, and can be mixed quickly with any kind of cheese available at home to make these wonderful melt-in-the-mouth Corn and Cheese Balls. I suggest you also give it a try with this easy-to-follow recipe and enjoy an amazing snack.
Ingredients needed for Corn and Cheese Balls
- Sweet corn – 1 cup (boiled till soft)
- Potato – 1 (boiled)
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Processed cheese – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Green chili – 1 (chopped)
- Coriander – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Oil for frying
How to make Corn and Cheese Balls
- Grind the corn in a blender coarsely.
- Mix corn, potato, cornflour, salt, cheese, green chili and green coriander.
- Make small balls from the mixture.
- Mix maida with water and make a thin paste.
- Dip the balls in maida mixture.
- Coat the balls with bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.