The nostalgia of Delhi streets hit me when I made this delicious Aaloo Dahi Chaat. I remember the childhood days with my friends and family, having had this snack this so many times. It’s a great recipe for any time of the day. It serves potatoes in a very crisp form, which just melt in the mouth, with an amazing taste of chutney and dahi. This chaat is extremely easy to make at home whenever you are hungry and you can experiment with spices to suit your needs. So enjoy with your family and friends with this Aaloo Dahi Chaat Recipe.
Ingredients needed for Aaloo Dahi Chaat
- Aaloo – 4 (boiled)
- Cornflour – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
- Dahi – 1 cup
- Mint and coriander green chutney – 4 tsp
- Tamarind chutney – 4 tsp
- Fresh coriander – 2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 (cut in small pieces)
- Ginger – 1/2-inch piece (grated)
- Onion – 1 tbsp (cut in small pieces)
- Rock salt – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
How to make Aaloo Dahi Chaat
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- Cut the boiled potatoes in small pieces.
- Mix cornflour and salt and roll the aaloo pieces in this mixture.
- Shallow-fry in oil until golden brown.
- Take the fried potatoes and put them in serving tray.
- Pour dahi, green chutney and tamarind chutney all over.
- Add rock salt, red chili powder, cumin powder and chaat masala.
- Sprinkle onion, fresh coriander, ginger, and green chili.
- Serve fresh.