Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
When we were kids, our Sunday lunch time menu for fairly constant and it used to be Aaloo Matar Gobhi Ki Tahiri. I’ve known so many families with this Sunday routine and at the same time I know so many friends for whom the word “Tahiri” used to be fairly new! Well Tahiri is basically a rice preparation with addition of various vegetables, I like to add aaloo, matar and gobhi and some bits of gajar. So if you among the people who have never tried this before, you should definitely give it a try and I’m very sure you would fall in love and for people who love this, this page should definitely be bookmarked. This Aaloo Matar Gobhi Ki Tahiri Recipe would be finished in no time, so next time you think about a rice dish, make this and see how it is loved by all.
All you need is (serves 4)
Rice – 2 cups
Aaloo – 1 cup (cut in small squares)
Matar – 1/4 cup
Gobhi – 2 cups (cut in small pieces)
Gajar – 1/2 cup (cut in 1 inch pieces)
Onion – 1 cup (sliced)
Tomato – 1/2 cup (cut small)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Dhania powder – 2 tsp
Haldi powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Zeera – 1/2 tsp
Dhania leaves for garnishing
Aaloo Matar Gobhi Ki Tahiri Recipe
- Heat oil in a pressure pan, add zeera, when it starts to crackle, add onion and fry for a min.
- Add tomato and the dry masalas and fry for about 2 min.
- Add add the vegetables and rice with 4 cups of water.
- Cook till rice is done.
- Mix the rice and vegetables.
- Garnish with dhania leaves.
- Serve hot with your choice of raita and aachar.