Akuri is Parsi dish made with eggs scrambled along with some spices. It can be served either in breakfast with some bread pav on the side or even in the main course with any curry and roti. I made it with some onion, garlic, coriander and green chili and the taste came out perfectly delicious. It brings all the benefits of eggs in a tasty dish and is good choice for any day breakfast. As is with any kind of eggs dish, specially scrambled, the dish is very easy to prepare and get’s done very quickly as well. So you can also make it when you are short on time and want a good liking dish with a great name. Use the Akuri Recipe below to enjoy the eggs every day.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Eggs – 6
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (chopped)
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
- Break and beat the eggs in a bowl for 2-3 min. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add onion and garlic and fry till the onions become translucent.
- Add chopped green chili, turmeric and salt and fry for a few seconds.
- Add beaten eggs, coriander leaves and stir to scramble and continue stirring till eggs are cooked.
- Serve hot in breakfast.
Don’t over fry the onions.
Continuously stir the eggs while cooking so they don’t form bigger lumps.