Milkshakes are always good for a great start to the day or just to get some extra energy when you want. They can be made with many different fruits like mangoes, banana, strawberry, avocado etc. Today, I also mixed some apricots to my milkshake to make it zara hatke. Apricots come during the summer season and are very tasty, they are also a good source of Vitamin A & C and other minerals such as potassium, calcium and iron. All these make for a healthy and fulfilling breakfast, so why not make use of this wonderful fruit while it is in season? Along with apricots, I also added usual yelakki or elaichi bananas (small banana variety common in south and western India). If you don’t have this variety available in your area, you can also use any other bananas. The shake out was really nice and helped me serve a perfect breakfast.
Try this Banana Apricot Milkshake Recipe and enjoy it in the summer season.
- Elaichi bananas – 4
- Apricots – 5 to 6
- Cold milk – 3 cups
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Ice cubes – 6 to 8 (optional)
Method of Preparation
Preparation time: 10 min.
Making time: 5 min.
- Peel and cut the bananas. Keep aside.
- Cut the apricots and remove the seed. Keep aside.
- Add bananas, apricots with honey and 1 cup milk and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Add rest of the milk and ice cubes (optional) and blend together for a min.
- Pour in glasses and serve cold.
Use slightly ripe bananas to get the best flavour for the milkshake.