Dahi Wade is a famous chaat recipe from the North India, they are generally made with urad dal. Well can you imagine you can get a very similar preparation using the regular bread at home? I didn’t realize this until I made it myself and they turned out just awesome. I filled in cashew nuts, raisins and coconut in the filling and they just multiplied the taste manifold. Bread Ke Dahi Wade are also just too easy to prepare and once topped with dahi, imli ki saunth and spices can be served in breakfast, snack or any time when you feel hungry. They go well with both adults and kids and always invite you to have some more. Let’s see this Bread Ke Dahi Wade Recipe for how to get the great taste.
Ingredients needed for Bread Ke Dahi Wade
- Bread slices – 8
- Raisins – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Cashew nuts – 1 tsp (broken in small pieces)
- Coconut – 1 tsp (grated)
- Pistachios – 1 tsp (crushed)
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Imli ki saunth – 4 tsp
- Dahi – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Black salt – 1/4 tsp
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
How to make Bread Ke Dahi Wade
Preparation time: 15 min.
Assembly time: 5 min.
- Mix raisins, cashew nuts, coconut and pistachios in a bowl for the filling. Keep aside.
- Cut the corners of bread slices, make them slightly wet from both sides.
- Take 2 slices each and put the filling in between.
- Bring the bread ends together and make a round, slightly press to make a patty.
- Whisk dahi with black salt and sugar.
- Arrange the bread patties in serving plates, pour the whisked dahi all over.
- Pour the imli ki saunth evenly.
- Sprinkle red chili powder and roasted cumin powder.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.