Bread Pakora Recipe
I clearly remember my childhood and the rainy season and I am sure you do too. As soon as we used to see the dark black clouds and red sky, the constant question to our mother used to be for Bread Pakora. Just the name is enough to start you drooling. One of the most common fast food which originated and got engraved in local taste of India. Bread Pakora can be found pretty much on most fast food street stalls, cinema halls, school and office canteens. Sometimes it is made with a filling mostly of boiled potatoes and sometimes just plain with the bread from your local shop. It’s also interesting how certain households make it with half triangular breads and some of them with a fourth of a piece in square shapes. Well, irrespective of the shape, the taste of Bread Pakora remains the same amazing one. As the name suggests the Bread Pakora is made with dipping the bread pieces in a paste of gram flour (besan) and deep frying in oil. It’s best enjoyed as a snack with some hot tea or coffee.Try to make interesting shapes of smileys and hearts for a pleasant message, all you need is a right shape cut out of the bread. Follow this easy recipe to make a delicious Bread Pakora.
Ingredients needed for making Bread Pakora
- Bread – 3 slices
- Besan – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – 1\2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1\4 tsp
- Fresh coriander – 2 tsp ( chopped )
- A pinch of baking soda
- Oil for frying
How to make Bread Pakora
- Mix besan, salt, red chili powder, garam masala powder and fresh coriander in a bowl.
- Add little water and make a batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add baking soda in the batter and mix well.
- Cut the bread slices into 4 parts.
- Dip each slice in the batter and fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot.