If you love making new innovations through your oven or grill, you will surely like this simple recipe of Bruschetta (although I will like to call it caramelized onion and mushroom garlic bread). Bruschetta is an Italian starter dish and, as with other dishes from this country like pizza and pasta, is expected to be liked by a lot of Indians. If you step into any of the supermarkets or bread shops nowadays, you will easily find foot-long breads with or without garlic. Even if the bread is without garlic, its easy to make a garlic bread by mixing some shredded garlic to butter and applying it over the bread. I just happened to pick one garlic bread from my neighboring store and made this wonderful dish. The toppings can vary according to individual taste. I used mushrooms and onions with some mozzarella cheese. Caramelizing gives a nice flavor to the vegetables and the topping tastes great with the bread. Use some olive oil as a dip to further enhance the flavor. Serve as an appetizer or on your kids party menu.
Ingredients needed for Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Garlic
- Garlic bread loaf – 1
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – cloves 5-6 no. (chopped)
- Onion – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Mushroom – 250 gm (washed and cut into slices)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red or green chili – 1 (chopped)
How to make Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Garlic Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C
- Add olive oil in a pan and add garlic.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add onion and mushroom and fry on high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cut the garlic bread into thin slices.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Spread a little of the mushroom and onion on top and sprinkle some cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the bread is crisp and cheese has slightly melted.
- Serve hot.