Now that most studies have established breakfast as the most important meal of the day, it is time you, too, give a little more thought to a healthy breakfast than before. Unfortunately, breakfast is the most neglected meal of the day because everyone is trying to get to work on time. However, what if there was a breakfast option that is highly nutritious, delicious and perfect for a quick breakfast?
Muesli is a proteinaceous cereal-like breakfast option made with rolled oats, dried seeds, dry fruits and wheat flakes. It is the perfect combination of all things healthy and will give you the energy to power through your day.
Muesli is also sugar-free, so you don’t have to worry about any health problems with this breakfast option.
Health benefits of Muesli
It is a low-calorie, low carb, sugar-free food item that will make you feel full for a long. It isn’t heavily processed and made of healthy ingredients. It is fibrous, containing wheat flakes that also help with your digestion.
Rolled oats keep your stomach feeling full longer and will aid in weight loss.
It’s better than unhealthy options. Mainly instant breakfast options include sugary cereals or unhealthy fried foods. It is a versatile food item you can enjoy with milk, yogurt or plain water. Adding yogurt will help you incorporate more protein into your diet.
Easy to use, packed muesli is available at supermarkets today so that you can swap your cereals for a healthier alternative on your next grocery run. However, you can also make your homemade muesli. It is more beneficial, less sugary, and you get to customise your ingredients.
Recipe for easy homemade Muesli:
- Rolled oats – 2 cups
- Wheat bran – ½ cup,
- Walnuts – ½ cup, finely chopped
- Almonds – ½ cup, finely chopped
- Pistachio – ½ cup, finely chopped
- Dried raisins and dates
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Sunflower seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Chia seeds – 2 tablespoons
How to make muesli:
- Add rolled oats and wheat bran to a pan and lightly roast them for 2 minutes.
- Add honey and roast for 1 minute.
- Add all other ingredients and roast again for two minutes.
- Combine the mixture and ket it cool.
- After it is cooler, keep it inside an airtight container.
- Enjoy your homemade, sugar-free and healthy muesli with milk or yogurt.