The other day I was looking to do a different brunch, and I just could not decide on what to eat when one of my friends suggested a Cheese Paratha. I was a bit skeptical as I’d never had this before and I could not imagine how I can make a paratha with cheese filling. But believe me it turned out just awesome, not only I loved it with some home-made achaar, the kids in the house were a happy lot. It is pretty heavy. This is probably one of the best recipes for the vacation or weekend times and everyone would just love it. You can actually make it fairly easily. So when you get up lazy on the day, you can make a couple of paratha’s for all and let it be for breakfast and lunch or as we generally call it, brunch. Here is the Cheese Paratha recipe for you to enjoy the day.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Aatta – 2 cups
- Cheese – 2 cups (grated) – I used Mozzarella
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Cheese Paratha Recipe
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Knead the aatta with water to make a soft dough.
- Mix grated cheese, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt to make the filling.
- Divide the dough into lemon-sized balls.
- Roll each ball into a 3 to 4 inch disc, place 2 tbsp filling and close from all ends.
- Again roll (dusting as needed) to make a 6-inch disc.
- Heat a tava and fry using oil until golden brown from both sides.
- Serve hot.