Spinach is the healthiest vegetable, being rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Baby spinach can be used as salad, but should be boiled for one min before use, to minimize the concentration of oxalic acid. As per researches, it has been found out that spinach is rich in many anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents. Despite all these benefits, our kids do not enjoy the healthiest food and as a mother you want them to eat spinach because of associated health benefits. So here is a recipe that is both healthy and tasty.
- Spinach – 250 g
- Maida – 2 tsp
- Paneer – 100 g
- Onion – 100 g
- Ginger – 25 g
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 100 g
- Oil – for frying
- Salt – to taste
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Dhania powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilies powder – ½ tsp
- Cream – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a few
- Wash the spinach and cut it. Now boil it with a little water. Once boiled, blend it in a mixer to make a smooth paste.
- To the mashed spinach add maida and spices. Kneed it to make dough.
- Mash paneer to make small balls out of it.
- Take the spinach mixture and make a small ball. Flatten the spinach ball over your palm and place a paneer ball in the center.
- Roll the spinach ball to make a small ball with paneer ball inside.
- Deep fry these balls on slow flame.
- Take a pan and heat a small quantity of oil. Add chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste. Fry till golden brown. Add grated tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, and add spices according to taste. Add a small amount of water to form thick gravy.
- Add fried balls to the gravy and serve hot. To make it more presenting, garnish it with cream and coriander.