Chicken Malai Tikka is made with small breast pieces of chicken marinated for a few hours with malai or cream mixed with Indian herbs and spices, rolled over skewers with onions and then cooked over a grill or a tandoor. However, you can even pan fry them with a little oil. True to their name these Malai Tikka are tender and soft and are usually favorites for evening and dinner parties as starters. They go well for both adults and kids and are a sure shot way to make the party menu successful. So go ahead and make your evening enjoyable with this easy to make recipe of your favorite Chicken Malai Tikka.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Malai Tikka
- Chicken breast – 2 (cut into small pieces)
- Onions – 2 (cut into cubes)
- Curd – 250 gm
- Malai or fresh cream – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cardamom powder – 2 tsp
- Saffron strands – a pinch
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
How to make Chicken Malai Tikka
- Pour the curd in a muslin cloth and hang it for 2 hours.
- Remove the thickened curd from the cloth.
- Add curd and chicken in a bowl.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients and cover the bowl with a cling wrap.
- Refrigerate the marinated chicken for at least 6 hours.
- For better results, keep it in the refrigerator for 10- 20 hours.
- Take some wooden skewers and put chicken pieces, alternating with onions.
- Grill on a barbeque or in a pan over the gas, till slightly browned.
- Apply a little oil while grilling.
- Serve hot with lemon and onion rings.