Chicken Tangdi Kebab Recipe
Just the name of this is good enough to drool, chicken tangdi kebab is probably the favorite of every non-vegetarian from India. I still relish the roadside tandoori stalls with skewers filled with different kebabs made of different meats just waiting to be cooked. I wasn’t always sure of the quality of colors used in these stalls. However, the taste was good so I always used to think of how I can make these at home and especially bring the color and texture in the kebabs. That is no longer the case. I made these chicken drumsticks myself and also got the desired color and texture. All it needs is proper marination and good quality food grade color (from a quality brand). The cooking time also gave a nice opportunity for the family to get together and finally relish something which everybody loves. Here, I give you a recipe for your own chicken tangdi kebab. Enjoy them with a home made green chutney, cut onions and lemon.
Ingredients needed for Chicken Tangdi Kebab
- Chicken drumsticks – 3-4
- Hung yogurt – 4 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp and for basting
- A drop of red food coloring
How to make Chicken Tangdi Kebab
- Make slits in the chicken drumsticks.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the marinade all over the chicken drumsticks.
- Cover and keep for at least 2 hours and, for good results, keep for 10-12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and lay the chicken drumsticks on a sheet lined with aluminium foil.
- Apply a little oil and cook for 20 minutes from each side or until is chicken is nicely brown.
- Serve hot with onion slices and coriander chutney.