Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Chinese food has become very popular in India over the last few years. It has been modified to suit the Indian palate and is popularly known as Indo-Chinese cuisine. Vegetable fried rice is one such dish which is very popular and loved by all. Relatively easy to make, this dish is rich in flavor and healthy as it incorporates lots of vegetables. It is a very good lunch option as it tastes good even when it is not hot. Eat it with a Chinese gravy on the side or just by itself, this delicious fried rice is sure to please your palate. So here is the recipe.
Ingredients needed for Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves (chopped)
- Ginger – 1-inch piece (chopped)
- Onion – 1 no.(chopped)
- Green chili – 2 no.s (slit from the middle)
- Carrot – 1\4 cup (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1\4 cup (cut into thin stripes)
- Cabbage – 1\4 cup (finely chopped)
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper – 1\2 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1tsp
- Vinegar – 2tsp
- Ajinomoto ( MSG ) – 1 tsp
- Spring onion greens – 2 tbsp
How to make Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice
- Heat oil in a wok (karahi).
- When the oil is piping hot, add garlic and ginger.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Add onions and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped vegetables (Carrot, cabbage, capsicum, green chili).
- Saute the vegetables for 2-3 minute on high flame.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked rice and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, ajinomoto and vinegar.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.
- Try to use a day-old cooked rice as the grains will be separated and it will be easy to toss it with the vegetables.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice.
- You can avoid using ajinomoto, if you want.