Fruit Custard is probably the easiest and the yummiest dessert any one can churn up in just a few minutes time. I just love the soft and silky texture of the custard paired with the crunchiness of the fruits. All you have to do is to boil the milk and add sugar and custard powder to it and voila you have a delicious dessert for yourself. You can make this dessert ahead of time and just add fruits when you are ready to eat it. So here is the recipe.
Ingredients needed for Custard with Fresh Fruits Recipe
- Full cream milk – 1 litre
- Vanilla custard powder – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Mixed fruits like banana, apple, orange, grapes, kiwi, etc – 2 cups (chopped)
How to make Custard with Fresh Fruits
- Keep 1 cup milk aside and boil the rest of it in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add custard powder in the milk that is kept aside.
- Make sure there are no lumps and the powder has dissolved completely.
- Add the milk with custard powder to the boiling milk.
- Keep stirring constantly and cook till the custard has thickened.
- Add sugar and cook for a minute.
- Remove the custard from heat and let it cool.
- Refrigerate the custard.
- Serve chilled, topped with fresh fruits.
- Do not add custard powder directly to the entire milk. It may form lumps. Always dissolve it in little milk first and then add to the rest of the milk.
- Keep stirring the custard continuously, otherwise it will get burned from the bottom of the pan.
- Add fruits only when you are serving the custard. The fruits leave water if added before.