The word salad might sound boring when it comes to preparing or eating it. A change in flavours and ingredients and make it look and taste delicious. No one wants to have a boring salad as a meal or along with their meal. This pasta salad is easy to prepare and amazing in taste recipe. It is full of colourful vegetables, which does not only look good but are enriched with a range of nutritional compounds. It also has tuna fish, which is a good source of omega-3. The star ingredient is pasta, a good source of carbohydrates.
Ingredients: (Serves 3 to 4)
- Pasta- 300g (boiled)Canned Tuna fish- 150g
- Red bell pepper- half cup, (chopped)
- Green bell pepper- half cup, (chopped)
- Yellow bell pepper- half cup, (chopped)
- Lettuce – half cup, (chopped)
- Canned olives- half-cup (chopped)
- Green apple- half-cup (chopped)
- Salt- to taste
- Black pepper powder- 3 tbsp.
- Honey- 1 tbsp.
- Mayonnaise- 5 to 6 tbsp
- Take a large bowl and in it, add the canned tuna. Make sure the tuna is at room temperature.
- Now add in all the bell peppers and lettuce and mix them all.
- After that, add the pasta and olives and give it a mix again.
- Gradually add the mayonnaise and honey and mix them all well.
- Then add salt, black pepper, and green apple and mix them all. (Remember to add the apple at the last because it releases water which can spoil the texture of the salad)
- After mixing the salad well, refrigerate it for at least 3 hours.
- After it is well-frozen, take it out of the fridge, and it is ready to serve.
* You can replace tuna with boiled chicken