Last time when I put up a chocolate cake, numerous people asked me to make a without egg variety as well. Keeping with the popular demand, today I made a cake in a microwave and that too without eggs. I’m sure a lot of you are waiting for this simple recipe. This Eggless Chocolate Cake goes well for any day dessert and can be made within minutes. Since it can be prepared so quickly, it is also a great choice when you have guests calling and you don’t have much time on hand to prepare a full fledged dessert. I decorated the cake with some cream and sprinklers, however you can also make it without it. So go ahead and give this Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe a try and enjoy a wonderful cake with or without a reason.
All you need is (makes a 8 inch cake)
- Curd – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Whipped cream – 1 cup
- Sprinklers to decorate
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- Mix curd, oil and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Mix the two bowls together and form a smooth batter.
- Grease the microwave safe baking pan with some oil.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan and microwave on full for 7-8 min.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool.
- Decorate with whipped cream using a piping bag and sprinklers.
To check if the cake is ready, dip a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean, if not microwave for another minute & check.