Both coconut and fish are abundantly available in Kerala and using these two ingredients I prepared my meal for today. Fish Molee is quite famous curry from Kerala and goes best with an appam or boiled rice. It is a stewed dish made with coconut milk and oil with fish giving its wonderful flavours to the curry. I just loved the taste and it was so easy to prepare that from now on this is going to be on my regular menu. Fish lovers from all over India would appreciate this unique preparation from Kerala (only if you like coconut taste in curries!). So here is Fish Molee Recipe for your. Cook it and enjoy with your family and friends.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Fish – 1/2 kg
- Coconut milk – 1 & 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp & for shallow frying
- Curry leaves – 15 to 20
- Green chilli – 2 to 3 (chopped)
- Onion – 1 & 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves (chopped)
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Fish Molee Recipe
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Clean the fish and mix it with black pepper powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and lemon juice. Keep aside for about 30 min.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish till nearly done. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, fry onions till translucent, add ginger, garlic and fry for a min.
- Add tomato, curry leaves, green chilli and fry for another min.
- Add coconut milk and cook for about 10 min.
- Add fish pieces and cook till done.
- Serve hot.