It’s my favorite sweet for a long, long time. I just love the appearance, taste and aroma of Gulab Jamun. These brown-black jamuns have their fans all over the world and rightly so, as they are absolutely delectable. During this festival season, you can make Gulab Jamun at home using this simple recipe and enjoy daily with your family and friends. You only need basic ingredients to make these, so it makes all the more sense to make them at home than buy from the market. They can also be stored for a few days in a refrigerator and served when required, by heating in a microwave. So make most of this festive season and get going with this amazing sweet.
Ingredients needed for Gulab Jamun
- Maida – 4 tbsp
- Soda bicarbonate – 1/4 tsp
- Khoya – 2 cup
- Chenna – 1/4 cup
- Elaichi powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 2 1/2 cup
- Desi ghee for frying
How to make Gulab Jamun
- Mix mashed khoya with chenna, soda bicarbonate, maida, elaichi powder and water to make a dough.
- Make multiple balls from the dough of the jamun size.
- Mix sugar with equal water to make a sugar syrup and keep aside on low heat.
- Heat the desi ghee in a pan.
- Deep fry the jamun balls in desi ghee on low heat until golden.
- Drain the ghee and dip the balls in the warm sugar syrup for about 20-25 min.
- Serve hot or refrigerate immediately.