While viewing the beautiful green hue of these cookies, most of us assume they have been cooked in some elaborate manner. However, it’s not like they are anything special; they’re your standard sugar cookies, coloured a gritty green with gel food colouring and then decorated with a red sprinkle heart.
These soft and chewy cookies from the Grinch are ideal for adding a festive touch to your holiday spread. In less than 20 minutes, you can whip up a tasty meal with everyday household items. Yes, there is no need to refrigerate the mixture.
Any heart-shaped candy, such as green and red M&Ms, may be used in place of the red sprinkling.
This year, make these Grinch Cookies usher with a bang in the new year season. They only take around 20 minutes to complete. These cookies are so simple to make that you can even include your children in the process.
All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is used to make the cookie’s foundation. This flour lends a softer, more tender feel to cookies. Adding in or using alternative flours may give it a healthier twist, but the flavour remains different.
- We use a mixture of brown sugar since they are your typical sugar cookies. In addition to being sweet, the cookies had a nice texture.
- Add a few gel colour drops to these cookies to give them a brilliant green hue. Check the quality of the colour and make sure it is safe for eating. Use green foliage. The gel colour could be purchased online or at a local baking supply shop.
- In absence of red heart sprinkles, use green and red M&M’s to decorate the cake instead. Components not listed above include baking powder and soda and regular cookie ingredients such as unsalted butter and eggs and vanilla extract.
- For the best flavour, use a high-quality vanilla extract. All other ingredients work together to soften and raise your sugar biscuits.
Recipe for Grinch’s Favorite Cookie:
- At 350 degrees F, heat the oven (180 degrees C).
- Then add the brown sugar and continue to beat until fluffy. For six minutes, we used the medium speed on my stand mixer. A wire whisk or a portable mixer is also suitable options.
- Mix in the egg. While mixing, be sure to scrape down the bowl’s sides often. Then add vanilla essence and green gel colour.
- Then, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda to form a dough moderately. After adding the flour, be careful not to over-mix.
- Take a spoonful of dough and shape it between your hands into a ball. Using an ice cream scoop, measure out a tiny amount of dough.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each dough ball onto the baking sheet, leaving a 2-inch gap between each one. Each ball should have a red heart sprinkled on top of it.
- To bake the cookies, put them in the oven for around seven to eight minutes. Don’t overcook your food. The oven should be preheated at 350 degrees. As soon as you’ve finished baking your cookies, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 3-4 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling. Serve.
The gel color should only be used in small amounts; therefore, use extreme caution while applying it. The small part may make a big difference. If the color isn’t just correct after a few drops, go ahead and add more.
You may put the dough in the fridge for a few minutes if it’s too sticky. Once made, the Grinch Cookies keep well in an airtight container for a week. Before storing, take care to allow them to completely cool.
Thaw the dough and prepare the cookies when you’re ready to bake them. Due to the cold dough, the cookies need to be baked for an additional minute.