I look forward to the weekends to relish upon something special and Jalebi is one among my favorites. It has always been tempting to have this twisted sweet, I’ve had it with milk as doodh jalebi, or in kheer, or sometimes even with ice cream. Jalebi is made mostly with maida and then deep fried and dipped in sugar syrup to gain the sweetness, while frying you can use the oil or desi ghee, however no oil can ever match the taste of desi ghee. The taste is so delicious that it is hard to stop at one or even after a few! Today I share with you recipe to make Jalebi at home and please your loved ones with this special treat. Enjoy!
Ingredients needed for Jalebi Recipe
- Maida – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 and 1/2 cup
- Desi ghee – for frying
- Saffron – few strands
How to make Jalebi
- Mix sugar with 2 cups of water and heat until it gets single thread consistency.
- Dip saffron strands in water and keep aside.
- Take a thick cotton cloth and make a tiny hole in the middle.
- Prepare maida batter to a smooth flowing consistency.
- Heat the desi ghee in a broad frying pan.
- Add saffron water to sugar syrup and mix well. Keep it warm beside the frying pan.
- Fill the cotton cloth with batter, make it into a potli (knot the cloth from the top) and drop the batter into hot ghee in Jalebi shape.
- Deep fry from both sides till golden in colour.
- Take out and dip it in warm sugar syrup for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the excess syrup and serve hot Jalebi.