India is a land of many festivals and every festive occasion is incomplete without something sweet. On this Rakhi, rather than buying a sweet from the market, why not make a special sweet for our dear brothers at home? Kesari Sandesh is a sweet from West Bengal and can be easily and quickly made at home with basic ingredients, mainly milk. The sweet sandesh balls taste just great and look tempting and its natural to boast about preparing them at home. So use this simple recipe to make Kesari Sandesh at home and enjoy your festivities.
Ingredients needed for Kesari Sandesh
- Full cream milk – 1 litre
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Saffron – 10-12 strands
- Muslin cloth
- Dry fruits for garnishing
How to make Kesari Sandesh
- Heat the milk in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer the heat and add lemon juice and let it cook on low heat for 2 min to curdle.
- Line a bowl with muslin cloth and pour the curdled milk in the cloth.
- Hang the cloth for 1 hour to remove the excess water from the chenna.
- Soak saffron in 1 tbsp milk and keep separate.
- Transfer the chenna on a work surface, add powdered sugar and cardamom powder, mash for 2 min.
- Cook the chenna in a pan for a minute.
- Let it cool for some time and make small balls and flatten them.
- Pour saffron milk on top of the sandesh balls and garnish with dry fruits.
- Serve Kesari Sandesh on the same day.