Indian summers are always scorching, and require something special to survive. To beat this heat there is nothing better than a refreshing granita. Granitas can be made with your favorite juice, and today, I made it with ever-refreshing nimbu pani or lemon juice. I call it Lemon Granita; you can also say it’s nimbu pani with a twist! I kept scraping the lemon juice after I kept it in the freezer so as it make it powdery. It can be served in glasses or bowls, to be had with a spoon, and gives a super refreshment to a tired mind and body. Bookmark here for an amazing Lemon Granita recipe and have it now or whenever you want to lift your mood with something cold and tangy.
All you need is (serves 3-4)
Water: 2 cups
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Lemon juice: 1/2 cup
Black salt: 1/2 tsp
Lemon Granita Recipe
- Heat water and sugar in a pan till the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Pour the mixture in a pan and freeze for an hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and break the ice with a fork.
- Repeat this process 3 times.
- You will get crumbly granita after scraping the ice 2-3 times.
- Serve the granita in small glasses.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
177 total views, 1 views today