Chia seeds are one of the healthiest food items as they are loaded with essential nutrients and provide energy. The Mayan civilization first used chia seeds, “chia” means strength or power in the ancient language. They are a fantastic source of energy for people following weight loss plans.
Many health-conscious people swear by this magical superfood. Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants that repair cells and even prevent cancer risks.
They are full of fibre and can absorb more than 10 times their weight in water. Chia seeds expand inside the stomach and make you feel fuller. It is helpful for people trying to control their eating habits and weight.
They’re loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which are proven to be incredibly beneficial for people with heart-related problems.
Chia seeds lower triglyceride inflammation as well as insulin resistance. They increase good cholesterol levels.
One of the easiest and tastiest ways of incorporating chia seeds into your diet is chia pudding.
Chia pudding is a popular breakfast staple for health consciousness people; it is also highly recommended by dieticians and nutritionists.
Here is an easy and healthy recipe for Chia pudding
- Chia seeds 10-12 tablespoons
- Milk (dairy or plant-based) 1 cup
- Honey (any other artificial sweetener) 1 tablespoon.
- Mango ½ a mango cut into dices
- Papaya 2-3 slices cut into dices
- Peanut butter
How to make it
- Take your chia seeds in a glass and add milk and honey.
- Stir the mixture for 2-5 minutes.
- Let this mixture sit in the fridge for an hour, and you can also leave this mixture overnight and enjoy it in the morning.
- Once it’s set, add mango and papaya slices to the mixture.
- You can also add your favourite ingredients and toppings according to your mood and create your own super easy and healthy breakfast chia pudding.